Tuesday, May 15, 2007

JUMP CUTS: FALWELL EDITION

-And so it came to pass that Jerry Falwell finally got to be proven wrong. Now, let's see which politicians and "journalists" can think up the most unwarranted effusive praise for a man who lived his life as a bigot, racist, misogynist, and enemy of the Constitution. Normally, I try to say something nice about anyone who dies but, in this case, I can't think of a single thing.

-Had a long overdue cross-car duet with a cute brunette in a red Jeep. I was jamming Cheap Trick's "Surrender" at a stop light and hear, faintly, someone else singing along to my left. I look over and chick is belting it out, so I started singing just as loud; she had a pretty solid voice, so we had some nice harmony going. Unfortunately, we only got through the first chorus before the light changed, she went left, and I went straight. I love spontaneous connections with complete strangers...

-Totally forgot about how awesome the video for Pearl Jam's
"Do the Evolution" really is. The part where the woman is dancing (with the strobe effect) is creepy-cool.

2 comments:

ERV said...

Normally, I try to say something nice about anyone who dies but, in this case, I can't think of a single thing.
If he were alive, Id wish he were dead. *shrug* Thats the nicest thing I can say about that creature.

The Rev. Jenner J. Hull said...

ERV,

"If he were alive, I'd wish he were dead."

Too true. Every intelligent, decent person on the planet said "Fuck Falwell" before, so why should we say any less now?

I always wanted to meet him simply so I could refuse to shake his hand, tell him "You're one of the most despicable people that ever walked the face of the planet," scoff at him, and walk off.

I'm digging your blog, by the way.