Wednesday, February 28, 2007

DAILY DOSE, 02.28.07

"Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny" came out yesterday, so the Reverend Jenner J. Hull purchased it laughed his happy ass off. Y'all should do the same. Be warned, "Citizen Kane" it ain't, though the D make that explicit claim in the lyric "You know our movie's better than-a 'Citizen Kane.'" I'm going to assume hyperbole on their part. As for their "tasty grooves" being "better than-a chicken chow mein," well, that depends on your taste in Chinese food, I suppose.

It was more fun in the theater, true, because at that time I'd already bought and memorized the soundtrack. Since my friends and I were the only ones at that particular show, I serenaded them along with the movie; they might have been saying "Shut up, asshole" and "Just watch the movie" the whole time but they really loved it.

So instead of picking a song from the soundtrack for the Daily Dose, I'll simply recommend the whole thing and go with this instead...

Cake - "Comfort Eagle" (From "Comfort Eagle")

Cake is known for their laid-back, quirky Groove and John McCrea's unique vocal delivery, a style I have dubbed "conversinging." "Comfort Eagle" is one of the Funkiest of all the Cake Cuts (Slices?) and has some of the weirdest lyrics as well. I think it might be time to change the Church's motto to...

"We are building a religion
We are making a brand
We're the only ones to turn to
When your castles turn to sand"

No comments: